Friday, January 21, 2011

The Change

I highly doubt anyone will notice this. I don't believe I have readers, nor do I believe I ever will. However, for some time, I've considered converting this blog into something more personal for myself. It's clear to me now that the gardens aren't going to happen any time soon. My friends and I are young dreamers, and we're all currently living out different dreams. Brian is living out his dream in California, and I'm proud of him for that. To ask him to spearhead this garden with me would be selfish. Renee is busy juggling her two jobs and her blooming relationship, figuring out how to be a young professional in a very tough field (criminal justice). Sam is busy living out her life with Jennifer, deciding what's best for the two of them. And Chris and I are newlyweds, trying to figure out marriage. It's overwhelming and wonderful. So the garden must wait.

My new purpose for Katallagei (because the name is no less relevant) is to throw out my ideas. I want to share what God is teaching me. I'm in an amazing season of life -- God has put spiritually mature women in my life who are pouring their knowledge on me. The women in my CityGroup are teaching me how to be a Proverbs 31 woman. My pastors are challenging me to be in true community with the church and the Irvington community. And another young couple has taken Chris and me under their wing to help us manage our finances.

Look for me to post challenges and celebrations, failures and successes. I'm learning to embrace them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment